4 pages DOUBLE SPACED max – Include a reference page (not counted in page count). Use the following prompt from below. Using all proper rules of writing including grammar, spelling, introduction, transitions and conclusion, using ALL relevant course materials including readings, media, PowerPoints, videos and lecture to address the prompts.
You must use your own words exclusively to describe what is in our materials – but must give credit to the original authors, therefore, when you refer to our readings you must cite. Be sure to give specific examples from our various readings and material. You will ONLY need our material, therefore any outside sources will be counter-productive and will result in grade loss.
Please use the following outline to craft your answer
Introduction: Law as a mechanism of social control with regards to capitalism
1. Explain how law is a mechanism of social control and what that means with regards to property
2. How did law communicate social norms with regard to capitalism and stuff?
Body of paper: Property
1. Describe how law reflected a preference for capitalism / “stuff”
2. Provide examples of how law is used as social control reflecting admiration for stuff, property and economic expansion
3. How has US law been centered on the economy and property acquisition
4. Where does Kelo v. City of New London fit in?
1. Assess the roots of American law – what values are woven into the fabric of our laws with regards to the essay you’ve just written??