Identify a topic that you will research further throughout this course.
Narrow your focus from a topic to a specific issue
Demonstrate your ability to analyze existing perspectives on the topic
Develop a research question focusing on the issue you will pursue
Articulate and develop your own perspective on a relevant issue
- Write a comparative analysis of Susan Wendell’s “The Social Construction of Disability” AND one of the following texts: Rosemarie Garland-Thomson’s, “Becoming Disabled”, Lisa Egan’s “I’m not a person with a disability, I’m a disabled person”, or Cari Romm’s “The Life and Death of Martha Vineyard’s Sign Language.”
- What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the major ideas in this material?
- What did you learn about coping with this type of problem specifically?
- Do you think technologists should work harder to have technologies conform to human behaviors and practices, or do you think users—humans—need to learn more about technology in order to better handle these new tools?
- Write a research paper on Value of being a Media and Information Literate.
- What effect did President Biden intend his recent speech (Links to an external site.)
- Did you learn anything new about the history of sex ed in the US?
- Identify and describe an area of research in your field of psychology and Explain a situation in this area for which you could apply a hypothesis test, and define your claim and, from it, the null and alternative hypotheses.
- What are your general thoughts about vaping in relation to public health?
- Write an essay about the “Marseillaise scene” from Casablanca, in which Victor Laszlo, leads the French and other Europeans in Rick’s Cafe in a rousing version of the French national anthem.